1) All Sales are final. Qualified refunds* will only be allowed 31 days after auction ends in the event an item/lot has been inaccurately or incompletely described.
*All autographed materials are unconditionally guaranteed to pass James Spence Authentication (JSA).
2) All autographed lots offered at auction are accompanied by a SIGAuctions.com Letter of Authenticity (LOA) and are guaranteed to pass James Spence authentication (JSA). In addition to a SIGAuctions.com LOA, some of the lots may include James Spence Auction Letter of Authentication, James Spence Certificate of Authenticity (COA), James Spence Letter of Authenticity (LOA), or additional LOAs from third-party companies such as Upper Deck Authenticated, Steiner, Mounted Memories, and PSA. If additional authentication is present, it will be noted in the lot description. It should be noted that certain large lots may contain a small number of secretarial, clubhouse, or autopen signatures, which should be considered part of the lot and are non-returnable or refundable in-part, or in full.
- SIGAuctions.com is not responsible for authentication fees for items that DO NOT pass authentication. Please submit your items for JSA Authentication through us for discounted rates and in the event of an error and something does not get authenticated you will not be charged.
3) Registered bidders may bid on any lot throughout the duration of the auction. We use a 30-Minute Rule that goes into effect at 9 PM EST the night the auction closes. All lots with two or more bids at 9 PM EST will remain open to all bidders. The 30-Minute Rule pertains to each lot and the lot will close after 30 minutes without a new bid. If a bid is placed, the 30-minute timer will be reset and the 30-minute countdown will restart. If you are the current high bidder on a lot and you change your ceiling bid after 9 PM EST, this will not extend the bidding time. Only a bid placed by another bidder or a higher "straight bid" placed by the current high bidder will reset the ending time on that lot. This rule provides all bidders the opportunity to bid on the lots they are eligible to bid on without getting "sniped" due to time constraints.
Please note that any lot with zero bids will automatically close at 9 PM EST without a winner. Any lot with a single bid at 9 PM EST will close and be awarded to that single bidder.
4) Please register by phone or online prior to the day of the auction. At the time of registration, a necessary credit card and/or hobby reference is taken along with any other information SIGAuctions.com deems necessary for verification.
5) SIGAuctions.com reserves the right to refuse to accept any or all bids (whatever the method) by a registered user.
6) Once bids are made they cannot be retracted by a registered user.
7) We accept telephone (888-859-1408) and internet (www.SIGAuctions.com.com) bids. SIGAuctions.com is not responsible for any catalog errors or misprints, including but not limited to, bidding and registration. In the case of an error, SIGAuctions.com will update the description.
8) If you have a limit, "ceiling bids" are an effective option. A "ceiling bid" allows SIGAuctions.com to competitively bid on your behalf up to your predetermined limit. All "ceiling bids" must comply with the minimum bid raise rules.
9) All auctions employ $5 increment bids up to $105. Bids are raised in 10% increments after the lot reaches $105.
10) A 22% buyer’s premium will be added. For example, if you win a lot for $1,000, your cost will be the winning bid, plus $220 (buyer’s premium), plus shipping, insurance, and tax (if applicable). There is a 4% discount if your invoice is fully paid by cash, check, money order, or wired funds. Furthermore, an 8.3% tax for Arizona state residents will be added to the sub-total and buyer’s premium.
11) Payment is expected within 14 days after the auction ends. Failure to fulfill payment obligations will affect future auction bidding privileges and a personal lien will be placed on the bidder. In addition, we will notify all other auction companies of your liability.
12) Visa/MasterCard credit cards and PayPal are accepted; checks and money orders are preferred. Checks are held for 10 days to clear and we reserve the right to refuse credit card payments on any lot. Please make checks payable to SIG Auctions. Outstanding invoices 14 days after auction end will be charged to the credit card on file. There is a $35 bank fee for returned checks.
13) Items may have reasonable "reserves." The reserve prices may not be disclosed but we will denote the existence of a reserve by the current bid price being displayed in red numbers. Non-reserve lots will display the current bid in black numbers.
14) SIGAuctions.com, will not be held responsible for any typographical, photographic, print, or technical errors within the auction. After the auction is launched, it is the bidder's obligation to get updated information about an item from the auction website or by telephone. It is at our discretion to change information, suspend, or remove an auction item at any time.
15) All winning bidder invoices will be posted to your online account within 24 hours of auction end. Bidders may login to their accounts and can view/print invoices and pay online as soon as the invoices are calculated.
16) Placing a bid constitutes acceptance of all conditions and terms of sale. In the event of a dispute involving litigation, the bidder agrees to pay all attorney fees and the costs involved for collection of funds for the auction company. Any legal action against the auction company shall be brought in the State of Arizona, Maricopa County.
17) All framed items are shipped and sold "AS IS" and FINAL. SIGAuctions.com is not responsible for framed items damaged during shipping, nor are we responsible for broken frames/glass. We recommend that all framed items be shipped without the frame and glass. For cards and autographs placed in auction which are not professionally graded, we strive to accurately assess quality. However, SIGAuctions.com is not responsible for professional evaluations that may be at variance with our report.
18) You will receive outbid notifications via email on every item for which you are bidding. It has been our experience that many internet service providers (AOL in particular) and email programs will randomly identify these emails as spam and will delete them or delay delivery. As this is out of our control, we are unable to rectify this issue. As a result, we strongly recommend users to track their bids on our website as we cannot guarantee timely delivery of the notification emails through many ISPs.